Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes
(03-16-2017, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree life is sacred and that is why if it is to be taken in conflict it should be done in person. Also anybody can by a $50 drone and strap an IED on it. If we use this as a justified means of combat, the person flying the drone into the Elementary school can assert the same thing.

To the bold, when it comes to being shot by a guy from 100 yards or being shot by a guy from 1,000 miles, I'm not seeing how that's treating their life with reverence. Life doesn't become less sacred just because it has to be taken, and even as a pacifist I understand there are times when taking a life is the only alternative to letting several lives be taken.

As far as the rest, I think that's part of the disconnect between military training and reality. To some, it's a military strike to bomb a school from a mile overhead. To the people on the ground, it's a bombing. On the other hand, it's a bombing to us if someone drives a car serving as an IED into a school. To them, it's a military strike.

To me, I don't agree with either way. A blown up school is a blown up school, whether it's from a "justified means" like a billion dollar aircraft or an improvised mean like a $50 car bomb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump clears CIA to issue drone strikes - Benton - 03-16-2017, 04:25 PM