Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comp picks dictating FA approach
(03-16-2017, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would I base my opinion on "net negative" when it has been positive for the last few years.

I honestly thought the bengals had a championship caliber team before Dalton went down in '15.  The '05 team, while not as good overall as the '15 team, was a threat to win any game they played.

I don't see what the teams from the '90's have to do with the teams of the last several years. 

People who act like nothing has changed in 26 years just have not paid attention.

The overall picture for Mike is indeed a negative situation.  I agree that 2015 looked like a year for a run.....but then I don't trust the coaching staff to make that happen, so here we are....hopeful, but the lingering doubt is there and always will be.

Marvin has made this team into a perennial decent club.  Son of Paul still handcuffs him, or he is his own worst enemy.  Either way, it is the GM's duty to produce championships.  So, if one feels that Mike has put forth a team capable of winning, but the results don't show, then one has to say it's the coaches' faults.  Why are they still here?  If one can say, it isn't on the talent level, or the coaching, then you have a shit ton of choke artists on your team.  Blow it up and get winners.  See, it really is kind of a simple concept.  This shit of sticking with the status quo, isn't getting it done.

Personally, I believe without the salary floor, and the guidance of Tobin/Lewis the last several years, this team would still be a cellar dweller.  I believe the carrot is dangled just close enough to keep Marvin and the fans chasing.....but we'll never ink that cat that could put us over the top, and we'll never pay past these ridiculous "player values" the old man institutes to retain our own homegrown talent.  It has to be a "deal".

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - J24 - 03-14-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - CJD - 03-15-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-16-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-16-2017, 04:26 PM