Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comp picks dictating FA approach
(03-16-2017, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  But "re-examined" should not mean "accept message board myth that is not supported by fact".

I'll give you a perfect example.  People here constantly cry about how the Bengals lose so many games because Marvin is too conservative.  But when I ask for examples of games we have lost because Marvin is too conservative the response I often get is "0-7" or "0-13" instead of an actual list of games we lost because he was too conservative.  I post statistics about where the Bengals rank as far as "throwing the ball with a lead in the second half".  I post examples of the Bengals and other teams losing games because they were so aggressive.  I post stats from games where Bill Belichick ran the ball consistently with a lead in the second half.  But none of this matters.  I guarantee that there will still be lots of postrs this year about how Marvin loses a bunch of games because he is too conservative and how he should be more like Belichick who never takes his foot off the gas.

So I am glad to "re-examine" any approach.  All I ask is that people use some sort of logical argument to support their position.

I haven't said a word about Marv being too conservative since you showed those numbers.  That said, logic says, if it's broken, fix it.  The Bengals need to find out what the root cause is here....and address it.  They are the professionals, they are the ones making millions.  Win a damn playoff game already.

One thing that seems to be lacking, from the outside looking in, is accountability.  There is so much secrecy surrounding this team, it's hard to get a read.  THAT is a big reason you see so much speculation on here.....what the hell else is there to go by?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - J24 - 03-14-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - CJD - 03-15-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-16-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-16-2017, 04:43 PM