Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comp picks dictating FA approach
(03-16-2017, 04:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I haven't said a word about Marv being too conservative since you showed those numbers.  That said, logic says, if it's broken, fix it.  The Bengals need to find out what the root cause is here....and address it.  They are the professionals, they are the ones making millions.  Win a damn playoff game already.

One thing that seems to be lacking, from the outside looking in, is lack of accountability.  There is so much secrecy surrounding this team, it's hard to get a read.  THAT is a big reason you see so much speculation on here.....what the hell else is there to go by?

(03-16-2017, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is such a simple concept then why has no team in history turned over its entire roster and coaching staff to start over.

It is easy to say change, but what exactly are the details.  Change for the sake of change does not fix anything.  you have to identify the specific problems in order to improve them.  Otherwise you will probably change tonnew problems or just keep repeating the old ones.

In my opinion, and yes I know I'm just a 'message board poster'...there are 3 things that the Bengals could try, which they haven't to this point, that would definitely be a change in approach and that could 'potentially' lead to better overall results:

Mike retires as Bengals President and gives Katie the opportunity to freely run the franchise.

Hire an experienced/respected football person (from outside the organization) to be a true GM.

Take a chance in free agency (when needed) as far as signing a top tier player now and then. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-14-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - J24 - 03-14-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - CJD - 03-15-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - McC - 03-16-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Comp picks dictating FA approach - Bengalholic - 03-16-2017, 05:08 PM