Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard?
(03-16-2017, 06:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Did you just say Jordan Reed was a solid blocker coming out of college? That was the biggest concern about the guy, he couldn't block well at all. The reason I focus on the receiving side of being a TE is because that is where the league is heading, Jordan Reed is still a liability when he is in line but his advantage when running routes makes up for it. Jimmy Graham was similar, but with even less blocking experience, these guys are blocking liabilities but they give you a lot in the passing game. I like Leggot because he is a willing blocker and you can teach willing blockers to be better.

Simply put, I want value in the draft and a TE at 9 (no matter how well rounded he is) is not value in any draft especially not one as deep as this one at TE. A Jake Butt, or even some of the 2nd round options that may slide into the 3rd provide more value. A TE at 9 is a luxury pick when you are one piece away from a title, we are not there.

No, in fact I said the exact opposite.

ochocincos Wrote:First off, Reed, Gronk, and Pitta were not solid blockers coming out of college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard? - ochocincos - 03-16-2017, 06:48 PM