Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(03-16-2017, 02:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I appreciate you not comparing my position to thinking the world is flat. Here's a great article from the NYT that talks about this reality and points to stereotypes and division at a young age to why a number of positions in the NFL are so segregated. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/12/sports/football/at-some-nfl-positions-stereotypes-reign.html

If we suggest it is only race, I am asking what causes them to be better?

(03-16-2017, 06:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I hope it's because we recognize the effect poverty has on educational attainment, but the likely answer is just that people, whether knowingly or not, see the physical attributes as positive and intelligence as being too tied with eugenics. 

I really really didn't want to get involved in this conversation/thread, but...

While I agree that some of it is indeed stereotypes and division at a young age, I will challenge you to find this. Who is the last white person to hold the 100m dash record? There's no sports/stereotype/division there, it's literally just "who can run the fastest?"...

Since 1968 (when they started doing electronic timing) there have been 0. None.

If you want to put an NFL spin on it:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/the-10-fastest-40-yard-dashes-in-nfl-combine-history-022516
- - - - - - -

As for genders, Katie Ledecky absolutely dominated the Olympics at swimming this last time, setting the world record in 400m freestyle. If that time, the fastest time a woman had ever swam that race, was put up against the men that year, she would have finished 43rd place.. out of 51.

- - - - - - - - -

I am not saying that one group is superior over another. I am saying there's some things one group does better, and some things a different group does better. Take sickle-cell anemia and cystic fibrosis. Both diseases that disproportionately affect a specific group. It's not due to racism or stereotypes. It's simply because we're slightly different. Neither for better or worse, but denying it and thinking everyone is exactly the same with the same potential to succeed in everything is awfully silly.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Open-Minded Liberals at it again - bfine32 - 02-02-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - McC - 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - TheLeonardLeap - 03-16-2017, 07:33 PM