Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama
(03-14-2017, 01:05 PM)Benton Wrote: I've advocated for a while for a plan where the states form a cooperative and negotiate on behalf of anyone who wants insurance.

If you're a single payer and solicit from a dozen insurance companies, you're going to pay a huge rate. That's one of the benefits of working for a large company, typically they negotiate a good benefits package. A state cooperative could do the same for voluntary members (single payers). If you get 10% of each state participating, that's several million people to spread a plan across.

On the legalizing issue, that's sort of what's been happening already with some states approving it, taxing it and using the proceeds to pay for stuff they would normally have to use an income tax for. Which is why the news of Trump's "we're going back to locking up people for smoking pot" is disappointing.

I'd get behind this in a heartbeat. In fact, I would like to participate in getting it rolling. Any ideas as to how? Do we have any Kentucky advocates in power that would support this? Alison Grimes maybe?

Obama addressed the legalizing issue in his interview with Bill Maher, where he said the difficulty for the Feds is having two sets of rules to "enforce". 80% of the states still 'oppose' legalization with the other 20% going against the Feds classification of pot. The first step is getting pot off of the schedule 1 list, which seemed inevitable until the new administration hit the scene. Just another item on the list of issues that we'll see ignored until the next changing of the guard.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama - wildcats forever - 03-19-2017, 05:34 PM