Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death
Personally I never really like when people say "they're trying to make this about race" or "this is about race" because it's an assertion that claims to know the personal feelings or actual motives of the people involved, when in truth you never really know unless it's blatantly obvious. Now I'm not saying that you can't or cannot argue whether something is or isn't about race, but rather that I find it a bit pointless to make the assertion that it absolutely is or absolutely isn't when it's not made explicitly clear. People take issue with these kinds of articles all the time that include "black man" or whatever race in the title.

But what's more concerning to me is not the way the articles are titled, but instead what is reported in the articles themselves, because articles don't necessarily tell the entire story and can actually make it seem less or more about race when it really could have been about anything else. At the end of the day, people will decide to believe what they want to believe based on their own reasoning skills. I guess ALL I'm saying is, is that it's better to lay out the argument of why something is or isn't about race, rather than try to sway people by just saying "they're trying to make this about race" or "this is about race" because those assertions are just really another way of saying 'I'm right you're wrong" and then people start accusing each other of being racist just from an article title.

Messages In This Thread
RE: o Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death - Matt_Crimson - 03-19-2017, 09:58 PM