Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton League Leading Post/Corner Route QB
(03-21-2017, 10:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  I know you (and now I) will get a crap-ton of grief for such a statement, but it is 100% accurate.  Dalton was amazing last year with what he had to deal with.  I can't wait to see what he does with a vertical threat like Ross and a better RB than Hill. The offensive line was much improved by benching Ced, but it was too late and alot of their weapons were out injured. 

I am excited for this draft, and although it had a really bad start, FA has picked up steam with the acquisitions of Minter and Smith.  

Dalton will be an MVP candidate next year.  Mark my words.  

I'm not going to say Dalton is = to one of the best QB's of all-time, but I will say this. Brady wouldn't be "Tom Brady" without the excellent blocking and coaching in New England. We've all seen how Brady responds to pressure. That's been the book on slowing him down for many years now, it's just that teams are rarely able to get consistent pressure. 

Considering the pressure and injuries Dalton dealt with last year (Green out 7 games, Eifert out 8 and Gio out 6+), I don't see Brady doing any better than what Dalton was able to manage. Heck, Brady was missing Gronk in 2013 while working in new receivers (similar situation, minus the constant pressure/sacks) and Brady ranked 17th in passer rating that year. Worse than Dalton in 2016 (15th).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton League Leading Post/Corner Route QB - Shake n Blake - 03-21-2017, 12:03 PM