Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter says joining Bengals 'just felt right'
(03-22-2017, 09:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was pleasantly, well, I will say shocked at the signing of Minter.  He is an excellent acquisition and a veteran presence.  I am a little puzzled at the one year deal, however.  Is this just insurance that Vigil can be the player we think?  Or that it will push Vontaze to show up in shape or perhaps it would be Minter that would be extended?  

I guess I would have hoped that he would get a four-year deal and become a cornerstone of our defense.  He can play MIKE and that is exactly what we have been needing.  I am unsure if this means Vigil is not yet ready to be the nickel starter with Burfict or maybe they have lost faith in Burfict for some reason?  I don't see how you can sit Minter in nickel packages, as he is just too good at covering TEs.  

Whatever the reason, I am thrilled at the signing and hope he can become a Bengal for many years.  

Yes, I was totally floored they signed him.  I guess they finally learned their lesson with aging vets, or square pegs in round holes as stop gaps at the LB position?  Whatever happened, I'm glad.  I'm looking at it as the writing on the wall for Rey Maualuga.  Sure, Tez was out of shape, but Rey is a habitual offender in that department, and his play has slipped badly in recent years.  I think we see Vigil, Tez, and Minter.....with Tez and Minter playing the lion's share, and Vigil maybe splitting time with Vinnie Rey....or even Rey starting and Vigil spelling....hard to say.

I wish he had signed longer, but maybe if he comes in day 1 and makes a splash, we get to work on extending him and Burfict. 

(03-22-2017, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They are called the Bayou Bengals...

....and purple and gold are my old high school colors....so, I'm good with it. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minter says joining Bengals 'just felt right' - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-22-2017, 11:11 AM