Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims attack bikini wearer, in France.
(07-29-2015, 11:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've put me in the odious position of having to agree with lucie.  Muslims are not alone in this, orthodox jews have the same style of inane dress code.  I will give them a bit of credit though, because the men have it just as bad.  Watching them go to temple in September with that full length coat and enormous mole hair hat makes me sweat.  That and the punishment for non-compliance is not as severe.

You're still missing the key difference.  Women in the west have a choice to dress however they choose.  They can dress to please a man, dress for comfort, dress to feel sexy for themselves, etc..  There are no inherent consequences to these choices as there is no society wide dogmatic response to any decision they make.  You trivialize the oppression women in theocratic countries and societies endure when comparing them to western woman in this way.  You're coming off as a person who thinks any criticism of islam condones hatred towards every muslim.  This is not the case and is similar to those who think and criticism of the state of Israel amounts to antisemitism, and both assertions are asinine.

While this is by and large true when looking from a religious point of view, the bolded part is rather debateable (again, taking out dogma) especially when it comes to workplace dress. Our society has certainly made strides, but still has a long ways to go. 

And this thread was still over two pages ago Ninja 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Muslims attack bikini wearer, in France. - CKwi88 - 07-30-2015, 02:41 AM