Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Jake Fisher be Left Tackle fall back Plan Long term if Cedric fails
(03-20-2017, 11:31 AM)depthchart Wrote: I quote former GM Charlie Casserly alot because of his track record and his presence on the NFL Network makes him one of the few former GM's I get to hear from. He said that being "Athletic" is the key difference maker for a guy being either a Left Tackle or a Right tackle. With the Bengals showing interest in Taylor Moton who can likely play either Guard or Right Tackle, signing Eric Winston and Andre Smith who can play Guard or Right tackle, it makes me wonder what their plan is if Cedric Ogbuyei fails. I am starting to think that longer term Plan is Jake Fisher at Left Tackle. Fisher has the size at 6 foot 6 inches tall and his Combine performance shows he has the Athleticism. (see a 2015 Combine related quote below)

"Jake Fisher scored the fastest time among offensive linemen for the three-cone drill (7.25 seconds) and twenty-yard shuttle (4.33 seconds).
Fisher is a fast-moving, Athletic lineman who will barring the unforeseen find a steady home in the NFL."

** The Bengals have used Fisher to catch passes on numerous occasions which is another sign of "Athleticism". I am starting to think that the Bengals plan is to move Fisher to Left Tackle Long term if Cedric fails. Andre Smith and Eric Winston could hold down the right side this season and then a guy like Taylor Moton could play right tackle long term. If Cedric succeeds then Moton is a Guard long term with Fisher at Right tackle.
If the Bengals don't show interest in a pure Left Tackle early in the Draft then this may be what they are thinking longer term. That Jake Fisher has the size and Athleticism to take Cedric's left tackle job if needed.

He could very well be... We for a long time had a 2nd round OT covering daltons (and palmers) blind side.    and had the 1st rounder on the RT side.

Fisher is probly being trained as a utility tackle to play which ever side needs him
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Jake Fisher be Left Tackle fall back Plan Long term if Cedric fails - XenoMorph - 03-22-2017, 01:36 PM