Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News
(03-22-2017, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals aren't rebuilding. They are just stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

The Minter signing is fine. But that doesnt do anything to help our offensive line. Our offensive line was by far the worst part of our team last year. It is the main reason why our offense sucked.

They have done nothing to improve it from last year and everything to make it worse. Thats why im down on this team from a year ago. The worst and most important parts of this team got even worse. I just cant sit here and confidently say we will be better this year than last.

Zeitler is NOT the best guard in NFL history. If the Clowns want to pay him as the highest paid guard ever in NFL history, Mike Brown says that is their mistake.  I agree with not paying him as the best guard ever. 

Whitworth got a huge contract from LA Rams.  Bengals wanted Whitworth and Zeitler but not at the salary cap busting prices.  

So far we have Ced and Fisher and Winston and Andre Smith as tackles.  Bolling and TJ and Andre Smith as gurads.  Bodine and TJ as center.  I look for a top O Lineman in round 2 or 3 early, or maybe even round 1 if the LSU RB is off the board. 

I think many of you are going to be EXCITED after the draft.  Of course they have their work cut out for them at O Line.  Bringing back Smith gives us 3 of the 5 that were on that team that started 8-0 in 2015.  Don't be surprised if a guard as good as the year DeMarco and Zeitler in the draft is added. Fans may soon be saying Zeitler Who ?  Of course Ced and Fisher were drafted because of Whitworth getting older.  Yes, getting the O Line together is HUGE, but it can be done. 

The rest of the team is not in rebuilding mode. Our QBs to pass catchers are solid as opposed to after last off season.  Atkins and Dunlap still monsters on D Line.  We have a good secondary.  They are trying to improve LB.  They may draft RB.  Nugent will be replaced.  THis team with all these veteran players is not in complete rebuilding mode and you can bet Dalton, Green, Eifert, Atkins, Dunlap and others are thinking play-offs and Super Bowl, as veteran top players should. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News - kevin - 03-22-2017, 05:54 PM