Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News
(03-22-2017, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: We won more games when they went out then we did fully healthy. Remember how healthy we were for the start of the year. We had no excuse to stink up September and October.
At New York on 9/11 but we won.  Then at Pittsburg and we lost.  Then home to play Super Bowl Champ Denver and we lost. Then came road games to New England and Dallas.  There is no possible way we start with a schedule like this. Most NFL teams would stink up September and October against such a schedule.  Plus we lost a home game thanks to London England game.  We didn't have Burfict. We didn't have Eifert.   We had lost Jones and Sanu.  Dalton had to learn Lafell and Boyd timing. Nugent stunk. 

Right there, no way we lose a home game or have a schedule that no team would want to be hit with like last year.  Plus I look for a kicker that makes extra points and we don't lose games that way....and Sanu and Jones gone but Dalton now has timing down to AJ Green, Eifert, Lafell, Boyd, Core, Erickson, Wright and I'm telling you this is the best group of pass catchers we have had since the Super Bowl teams of 1981 and 1988.  If we can get lucky and avoid major injuries, we flat out have too many pass catchers for a defense to cover. We can go deep, we can go short, we can go sideline, we can go in the middle, we can go end zone. We enter 2017 with the best combo of QBs and pass catchers since our Super Bowl years.  If we can block, we will go Super Bowl.  I said that about the 1988 team when most people thought we would stink that year.  I saw it early with the 1981 team.  It is nice to have more weapons than a defense can cover. Dalton has many pass catchers. Hopefully we can avoid major injuries as we had in 2016. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News - kevin - 03-22-2017, 06:19 PM