Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News
(03-22-2017, 06:27 PM)kevin Wrote: 1. So then just maybe Zeitler should not be the highest paid guard in NFL history and just maybe the LA Rams over paid an aging Whitworth and just maybe not bringing back the entire 2016 O Line isn't a bad thing. 2.  If as you say the O Line wasn't very good, 3. then maybe moving Ced to LT and bringing back Andre Smith and drafting an O Lineman in one of the early rounds may just be what this team needs. ...4. I also hope you are not counting the game Green got injured on the first play. Yes you can say he played in it, but not really and it threw off the game plan huge.

If we can block, and I think we can, We have the best QB and pass catchers since Super Bowl Bengals and a better defense than Super Bowl Bengals. This may be more of a Super Bowl year than a looking at the draft in October year.

I don't even know where to start with this post.

1. I've never said I disagreed with letting Whit and Zeitler walk, but they weren't the problem and it's silly to suggest they were. Ogbuehi being the worst rated tackle in the NFL was the problem.

2. "If, as you say, the o-line wasn't very good..."? Really bro? What line were you watching?

3. Mixing up the o-line would be great...if that didn't entail keeping the worst parts (Ogbuehi and Bodine) and dumping what was clearly our 2 best parts. Bringing back Andre helped stop the bleeding, but I don't think any sane person will say we look better on paper right now.

3. You mentioned Green AND Gio. Gio played 10 games dude. If you only want to count 9 games, we went 3-5-1, which still proves that injuries weren't the issue. Hence why you're picking nits.

4. Agree that we have a good enough defense, QB and pass catchers. The coaching is a problem and the o-line is (at best) a giant question mark.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News - Shake n Blake - 03-22-2017, 07:33 PM