Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must be doing something right...
(03-23-2017, 02:49 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: He has a new girlfriend that resides near Cincy and his current day job is not what he wants, not to mention his salary went to hourly and he's lost money.
He's also tried of seeing his ex-wife (who left him for a woman) out with his friends.
I think that Council is the only thing anchoring here.

The rest of Council are well respected members of the community.
I am unaware of any issues, but I will question my other friend about the current state.
I'm also attending Council meetings, every week.
I'm mainly interested in learning how everything works, in local government.

Funny about Nati bringing up an "R" next to my name.
I am a registered Republican, as the Libertarian Party is not recognized in Ohio currently  (working on that).
It is that reason that I may be able to be "plugged in" to the position, as a Republican will be vacating.
At least I'm assuming that is why he asked if I were a registered Republican.
Yes, he knows I'm a Libertarian.

Labels can be as harmful as they are helpful, and I imagine you know that. As far that "L" brand, there are some really good tenets in the ideology but it seems at the national level that people who were too crazy and extreme for the right wing of the most right wing party we have ever seen in America jumped to the "L" train. This was not a development I was happy to see.

Obviously you may have a different take, but I would be wary of "leaders" in that party, particularly at the national level. Of course, my views align more with people who represent the left wing of our left party, people like Howard Dean and Bernie Sanders (who though an independent has been the most authentically Democratic voice of the last 50 years). Our Democratic Party at the national level has been pulled far right of center so we don't really have a liberal or democratic party at the national level - we have the Republican Party of the 1970's renamed the Democratic Party. The Republican Party at the national level has been flirting with fascism for the better part of the last 30 years. The Libertarian Party at the national level became a hideout for people who thought the Republican Party wasn't right wing enough for the last 30 years. That's the unsolicited view of your half crazy brother from another mother. Wink  Keep reading about Libertarian ideas, as well as the ideas of all great political leaders from Lincoln to Roosevelt to Eisenhower etc. ... and keep talking to people of all stripes. I wish you success on this journey.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I must be doing something right... - xxlt - 03-23-2017, 03:24 AM