Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury...
(03-23-2017, 04:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......2008 was what did Carson in.  The elbow just wasn't there anymore, but he was still confident in an ability that just didn't exist after that injury.  The eroding talent on the oline was a big issue too.  He had all of the traits you want in a QB, I think he was pretty damn good....he was a little gunshy in 2006 stepping into his throws, but calmed down.  He's suffered two bad knee injuries, nerve damage to his throwing shoulder, and the aforementioned elbow, and is still soldiering on.

I think the effects from the injuries were temporary. I agree that he looked a little gun-shy in 2006 at times, and yes that went away. I'd say the elbow affected him longer, but he had a career year in 2015 at 36 years old...also with a stacked team. IMO, Carson was Andy with a better arm...that helped him while also getting him into trouble at times. Loved CP, but I've never seen a QB have so many "communication issues" with receivers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury... - Shake n Blake - 03-23-2017, 04:45 PM