Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves
(07-29-2015, 08:32 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If you don't understand that Sanu isn't going to be covered by top CBs and guys like Brandon Tate, Greg Little, and Cobi Hamilton won't even see the field next year, then that's a "you" problem.

Again, the injuries were caused by freak accidents and could happen at ANY position. You can't draft guys highly at every single position just because injury may occur.

WR wasn't close to being a "glaring need" in this past draft no matter how many times you and 1 other person claim that it was. You also ignored how we have 2 tackles potentially leaving next year and that's a position you want to be prepared to replace, where a WR in next years draft can come in and immediately contribute. Not to mention we will still have AJ, Eifert, a second year Kroft, Bernard, Hill, and I'm sure they'll re-sign at least 1 of Sanu or Jones. Taking 2 of the top T in the entire draft was an excellent move by the Bengals to prepare for next season. At first I didn't like it either but it just makes more and more sense if you think about it.

You are the only one who believes that WR wasn't a need for this team.  Look at any ESPN, draft guru's article, etc. they all listed WR as a need. 

And for Sanu to avoid being covered by at least a #2 CB, you will need Marvin Jones healthy for all 16 games.  There is such a drop off after Sanu.  That is why depth at WR and a speedster was a need for this team.  You like to talk about how the OTs are in their contract years, but you fail to realize that AJ, Sanu, and Marvin Jones are ALL in the final year of their rookie deal.  Drafting a WR would have provided security for next year, as well as depth in the event that MLJ isn't back 100% or he doesn't make 16 games healthy.

And nowhere did I state that you have to draft highly at every single position in case of "freak" injuries.  The Bengals have solid depth at many position groups.  WR isn't one of them.  And as I have now stated in three successive posts, I was not against drafting the two tackles.  Sliding in Round 1 could have allowed for two quality tackles AND a WR. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves - SHRacerX - 07-30-2015, 10:41 AM