Poll: Would you take a Thug team Super Bowl win if it were possible?
Yes - I would take it
No - I don't want the Front Office to appear vindicated
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible?
This poll is kinda silly.

A championship changes perceptions. As they say, "everyone loves a winner". Suddenly Burfict would be gritty and old school instead of dirty. Pacman and Mixon (supposedly) would be redemption tales. As would perennial losers Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. So national media perception wouldn't be something we'd have to worry about any more. Now as far as our own opinions, not everyone views Burfict and a thug (that's mostly Steelers fans and media), and every team has players like a Mixon or especially Foster. Obviously Pacman is one of the biggest thugs in the NFL, but I don't think having Pacman is enough to justify you labeling this a "thug team".

But to answer one of your questions, no I wouldn't mind Mike and Marv being painted as hero's. In fact I'd feel good for them. I may bash them incessantly for their many failures (what can I say...I love my team more than the people on it or running it...), but ultimately I love redemption stories and I'm a forgiving person. Especially when it involves winning a championship. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible? - Shake n Blake - 03-24-2017, 11:48 AM