Poll: Would you take a Thug team Super Bowl win if it were possible?
Yes - I would take it
No - I don't want the Front Office to appear vindicated
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible?
(03-24-2017, 11:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Where's the choice for...
"No - I don't want to basically be a Steelers fan"?

Why does it have to be "Yes" or "No, because of spite against the FO"? Shitty-made poll is shitty.

It goes to the Heart of how committed people really are to their view points.
Many Posters want an Organizational move away from having Thug players on the team. They take say a Joe Mixon completely off the Draft Board on principle. Change the Culture. YET, they could live with Thugs if it meant a Super bowl.
A lack of Total Commitment to the "no thugs" concept they support.
Similarly, many want more Spending on Free Agents, retaining say Zeitler and Whit and for the Front Office to commit to this approach rather than being cheap. Having no Faith in Mike and Marvin's approach to the point of finding it Impossible to ever work. Committed to the idea that the Front Office approach is so bad it can't ever work.
If by some miracle it did work, these Posters would have been proven wrong and an old man in an old Brown suit would be surrounded by Cameras like a Rock Star.

In fairness to Mike & Marvin, they did have 2 teams that could have possibly pulled it off but injuries to Palmer & Dalton during those seasons took those chances away. The Steelers and Broncos won it all those years. We won the division with Palmer that Steeler Super bowl year and took Denver to overtime with a backup QB in Denver the Denver Super bowl year with Seedings on the line. Palmer and Dalton injuries killed the Front Offices best chances at proving people wrong.
Would these Posters be ok with being proven wrong by Mike and Marvin if it could somehow happen?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible? - depthchart - 03-24-2017, 11:56 AM