Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves
(07-30-2015, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are the only one who believes that WR wasn't a need for this team.  Look at any ESPN, draft guru's article, etc. they all listed WR as a need. 

And for Sanu to avoid being covered by at least a #2 CB, you will need Marvin Jones healthy for all 16 games.  There is such a drop off after Sanu.  That is why depth at WR and a speedster was a need for this team.  You like to talk about how the OTs are in their contract years, but you fail to realize that AJ, Sanu, and Marvin Jones are ALL in the final year of their rookie deal.  Drafting a WR would have provided security for next year, as well as depth in the event that MLJ isn't back 100% or he doesn't make 16 games healthy.

And nowhere did I state that you have to draft highly at every single position in case of "freak" injuries.  The Bengals have solid depth at many position groups.  WR isn't one of them.  And as I have now stated in three successive posts, I was not against drafting the two tackles.  Sliding in Round 1 could have allowed for two quality tackles AND a WR. 

I highly doubt that I'm the only person that didn't see WR as a "glaring need".

MLJ will be out there unless he has yet another random incident, again, you can't really expect certain positional groups to become injured. They brought in Denarius Moore and drafted Alford, I think that covers the speedster aspect. The team has control of A.J. for another year, no worries there. How did I "fail to realize" that their contracts are up when I specifically mentioned it in my post? Like I said, WRs come out of the draft more NFL ready and talented more so than ever before. You can expect a first year WR to come in and produce, you can't really do that with the linemen that can greatly benefit from the development.

You claim they have all of this solid depth, but not at WR. Really?

Is T.J. Johnson a better C than Sanu is WR2? Are we not in terrible shape if another LB goes down early? What happens if Iloka or Nelson get injured?

You can't have All-Pro players backing up every position. Sanu and Moore are better depth than what we have at some other positions. You're just upset that we didn't get the receiver you wanted even though this team is not lacking in players to  catch passes this year. I don't think I would have complained much if the Bengals took a top WR, but it was hardly a "glaring need" to anybody that saw our projected 2015 lineup. Our LB corp is a mess, we desperately needed line depth which we drafted, depth at S is lacking, and they desperately needed help at TE. I'm not even going to get into your scenario of trading back our picks, because neither of us have ANY idea of what could have actually happened in that circumstance. You're just putting the spin on to present it to follow your opinion. You have ZERO clue of what we could have gotten for our pick, if anybody was even interested to begin with, and then which players would have still been available after a trade was completed. Neither of us know that, so it's sort of silly to argue about that part.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves - djs7685 - 07-30-2015, 10:55 AM