Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News
(03-22-2017, 04:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree with both of you that Fournette is a better back than Hill, and is projected to be drafted much higher I just hope it's not by Cincinnati. My comparison was for the style of runner that they both are, the downhill more power back type of runner. We don't have an offense or an offensive line that plays into that style of running at all right now...especially on the offensive line side of things.

As for what happened to Hill, I think the issue is pretty simple, the line play and the fumbles have gotten to him mentally. It's not the talent that is gone, but the confidence. He's so focused on not fumbling that he's not running aggressively. Add in, that he's getting met in the backfield or there is just no clear hole for him to run at and he's lost. Burkhead came in confident with nothing to lose and just ran and made guys miss, that is the type of back this team is going to need right now to be successful. Be it Cook or Mixon, gotta get a guy that has that Barry Sanders like ability to make people miss as soon as you get the handoff. Fournette (like Hill) is much better when they get a few steps going, have momentum and their power to burst through.

Have to agree with all of this Murdock.

Cook, Mixon and McCaffrey all fit what we need much better than Fournette.

Just saying Fournette is not just a power back, dude is extremely fast for his size and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I think he would be much better here than Hill has been the last few years and would be an upgrade.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signing Kirk, LaFell, TJ, Smith, Minter all Good News - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2017, 02:15 PM