Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama
(03-19-2017, 05:34 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I'd get behind this in a heartbeat. In fact, I would like to participate in getting it rolling. Any ideas as to how? Do we have any Kentucky advocates in power that would support this? Alison Grimes maybe?

Obama addressed the legalizing issue in his interview with Bill Maher, where he said the difficulty for the Feds is having two sets of rules to "enforce". 80% of the states still 'oppose' legalization with the other 20% going against the Feds classification of pot. The first step is getting pot off of the schedule 1 list, which seemed inevitable until the new administration hit the scene. Just another item on the list of issues that we'll see ignored until the next changing of the guard.

Here's an even simpler solution, that I have been advocating since circa 1992. Just give anyone who wants one a Medicare card. They can be treated like the citizens of civilized nations like Canada, England, France, and Germany are treated all over the world. If you get sick you go get treated and you don't get a bill. Now, for all the shrewd sophisticates that know government health care sucks donkey wangs, they can buy WHATEVER private insurance they want for whatever price the market will bear. Simple. Insurance companies that can do better than the lousy government can still make their trillions, nobody is forced into a government scheme chock full of death panels, and everyone has a choice. You can get a Medicare card, you can buy a private insurance card, or you can go "naked." Real choice.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama - xxlt - 03-24-2017, 03:21 PM