Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All this talk about what positions the Bengals value got me thinking
(03-25-2017, 11:16 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think part of the reason the team values comp picks so much is because younger players are more reliable than seasoned vets now. Early retirement is all the rage these days, any given minute any player can up and retire. For crying out loud, Ben almost wanted to quit after this past season (allegedly... Who knows what that douche is thinking. Could have been another cry for attention). I don't agree with it, but I get it.

Back on topic, it's no secret that Mike Brown values franchise QB's above all else. That's not bad from a management standpoint, finding a great QB can set your team up for success for a decade or more. But the downside is, Mike doesn't seem to value protecting his investments. Letting your QB rot behind a shitty offensive line will kill their careers, no matter how talented the QB. Keeping Paul Alexander around shows he doesn't think the offensive line is very important when it comes to wins and losses.... It is. It's vitally important. Football is a game won and lost in the trenches. That's basic pop warner knowledge but it seems lost on our owner/president/ceo/GM

No doubt the trenches on both sides of the ball win games. I would argue other than this year, the past 10 years MB has done a great job with the trenches. He wanted Whitt, but he was offered an over the top contract (overpaid) for his 35 year old body. Zeitler I believe is now the #1 paid guard in the league, is he that great. I say no. MB drafted 2 OT in round 1 and 2 in 2015 so made huge investments for the trenches future as he already had starters in place.

The key is Ced, Jake and others stepping up to earn the paycheck, in year 3 a 1st and 2nd round pick should be ready to not only start, but start at a high level. On the DL front, he signed Geno, Dunlap, Mj and Peko to 2nd and 3rd contracts.

I miss 100% any accuracy you saying MB has not tried to protect AD.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All this talk about what positions the Bengals value got me thinking - Luvnit2 - 03-25-2017, 12:31 PM