Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bringing Greg Little in for a Try out
(07-30-2015, 11:45 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Good luck explaining that to some people around here.

There's just no reason to take a WR highly in the draft for the reasoning that one guy may, possibly, sort of, potentially get injured.

People want to complain about our WR depth, but what did our T, TE, LB, and S depth look like pre-draft?? Seems awfully strange that 7 of our 9 picks went to those positions. Maybe, just MAYBE our depth there was worse than WR.

Meh. The tackle depth pretty bad, but drafting 1 tackle high would've solved that. Drafting Ogbuehi didn't help T depth at all because he's starting on the PUP.

I know some people like to rationalize team decisions, but our draft this year made it seem as if we have no immediate needs. There was no urgency in FA or the draft.

If this team were coming off a Super Bowl win, I'd understand. But you'd think a team coming off of a historic run of playoff ineptitude would show a little more urgency to find players that may make an impact or become an x-factor. Especially after this statement from Marv back in January:

Quote:"Oh yeah, (Mike Brown) is the one leading the charge," Lewis said last month. "He doesn't want to hear, 'We will be better when we get these guys back.' No, we need to get better. He knows we need to get better. He's pushing people to identify players that will make us a better football team in free agency."

"It's a different feel than where we have been," Lewis said. "It's not a status quo. There has not been a status quo conversation or 'Oh, we'll be OK, we'll just get these guys back.' No, no, no, that's bull. We got to be better."

I think our WR depth has been as bad as any position on the team. This seemed clear to me after MLJ and AJ went down and we were trying to plug in Greg Little off the street. I thought Denarius Moore would help, but I haven't heard anything good on him yet. With what happened last year combined with the fact that our top 3 WR's are due to become FA's, you'd think they would've addressed the position a little more seriously.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals bringing Greg Little in for a Try out - Shake n Blake - 07-30-2015, 12:46 PM