Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All this talk about what positions the Bengals value got me thinking
(03-25-2017, 10:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you look at the team's spending since the new CBA, you will see they spend more than a lot of NFL big market teams and spend more than their fair share going above the CBA requirements for caps spending. My point is the team is spending the money and no one can see MB is just pocketing profits so not a money (spend) issue, it is a performance issue of coaches and players not getting it done in spite of many experts saying the talent (so team through draft and FA did well) was there. Players lost the Steeler's playoff game, not coaches. Just my humble opinion.

They spend more because they rollover money every year which gives them a higher adjusted cap. So spending over the salary cap because of their additional cap space isn't the issue. The issue is that they still don't spend to their adjusted cap. They continue to roll money over. That skews the numbers. Each year, the Bengals have additional money to spend, but they don't spend it. It gets kicked further down the road. Add in that they keep one of (if not the) the highest amounts for injuries that they barely use and you can find where money isn't always spent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All this talk about what positions the Bengals value got me thinking - muskiesfan - 03-26-2017, 12:08 PM