Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bringing Greg Little in for a Try out
(07-30-2015, 12:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. The tackle depth pretty bad, but drafting 1 tackle high would've solved that. Drafting Ogbuehi didn't help T depth at all because he's starting on the PUP.

I know some people like to rationalize team decisions, but our draft this year made it seem as if we have no immediate needs. There was no urgency in FA or the draft.

If this team were coming off a Super Bowl win, I'd understand. But you'd think a team coming off of a historic run of playoff ineptitude would show a little more urgency to find players that may make an impact or become an x-factor. Especially after this statement from Marv back in January:

I think our WR depth has been as bad as any position on the team. This seemed clear to me after MLJ and AJ went down and we were trying to plug in Greg Little off the street. I thought Denarius Moore would help, but I haven't heard anything good on him yet. With what happened last year combined with the fact that our top 3 WR's are due to become FA's, you'd think they would've addressed the position a little more seriously.

I'd like to see more urgency in FA (hence me screaming for a vet WR in free agency every offseason for the last 4), but I didn't think it was the year to take one higher in the draft.

WRs are coming out NFL ready, we can get one next year if it's a need. A.J., Jones, Sanu, Moore, Eifert, Kroft, Bernard, and Hill are plenty good enough to catch passes from Andy this season. I wouldn't complain one bit if they start the year by trading a future pick for a vet WR, or if they'd have taken a WR highly in the draft or gone after someone great in free agency. BUT, when it's all said and done, I won't complain about lack of WR in the draft now because I think we're set just fine, but sure, this offseason could have been much better, I can't disagree with that notion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals bringing Greg Little in for a Try out - djs7685 - 07-30-2015, 12:54 PM