Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am actually kind of excited for next season
I know a lot of people think the Bengals are in the crapper next season due to FA losses, but I am kind of excited now to see how all the new blood plays out. I realize it will likely not be a playoff season, but I actually think the Bengals will be better than this past season next year. My reasons for enthusiasm:

1. I think we have a lot of good young talent that we have not seen (or seen much of) yet. Guys like WJIII, Billings, Cody Core (who should get more looks now that James Wright is gone), a season of experience under Boyd's belt, etc.

2. I think our young OTs will step up. Fisher had done a decent job when in, and I think Ogbuehi will be a much different player in year two. He has basically been injured the whole time until being thrown in this season. I think with finally a full off season where he is not rehabbing, and getting full OTAs, mini camp and training camp, he will be much better. Lapham and the coaches have all steadfastly stood by him despite his struggles and maintained that they see something in him. I trust Lapham the most to make that assessment. I also remember Whit worth struggled mightily his first season at OT. He even had a game where he simply could not block Dwight Freeney....but Whitworth came around, didn't he?

3. The players we can get in the draft. With a high draft position, and 11 picks, the Bengals can really get some quality players, and be much younger and faster in many positions.

4. We have a solid core still in place, so it won't be a rebuild, its more like a retooling by changing out some of the older parts. Bottom line is the old combination of parts was just not quite good enough, so let's buy some shiney new parts and see how she runs.

I think it will be a fun and exciting time, yes we may have to step back for a season or two, but after that, there could be some real rewards. Now if they could just release Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I am actually kind of excited for next season - Beaker - 03-27-2017, 10:45 AM