Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What ever became of the women's march organizer?
(03-27-2017, 12:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It truly does.  I do wonder if the tolerance tide isn't turning in Europe though.  When the Dutch, the most tolerant society I have ever personally witnessed, start having significant issues with you something is very wrong.

The only problem I have with a lot of what has been going on over in Europe has been that we see the turning tide being used in a very discouraging way. I don't have any issues with movements to force immigrants to be adherent to the laws of the land they live in. Freedom of religion is a part of a free society, but no freedom is limitless. I don't like that this sentiment is being used in some places, by some (prominent) people, as a reason to turn away people in need. Obviously, the idea of bringing in refugees is a complex one that has many different angles, but arguments from some more nationalist movements against Muslim refugees just on principle of them being Muslim is extremely disheartening. This isn't the majority sentiment, but it is something fueling a lot of propaganda over there (and some here, for that matter) and it's just sad.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ever became of the women's march organizer? - Belsnickel - 03-27-2017, 01:27 PM