Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(03-27-2017, 03:27 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What I've heard, from close sources, is that the Antifa wannabe started the violence by pepper spraying a woman.  Obviously, I wasn't there to confirm, but, also obviously, neither were you.

I linked a video. It shows a woman being pepper sprayed. After a Trumpet initiated an attack.

Or any of a multitude of other reasons.  Kind of a throwaway point eh?

Not really. Just seems like they are marching to piss people off. Is it normal to have weekly rallies for a guy sworn into office a couple months ago?

I suppose you'd have to ask the participants.  My guess, based on statements, is that these particular demonstrators were marching to highlight that the anti-Trump side does not hold a monopoly on public discourse. 

You started off well here, then veered off into bullshit land.  Both sides are guilty of violence, to be sure.  However, the violence is not equally distributed of late.  The vast majority of the violence has been directed at pro right wing functions.  You cannot shrug this off as inconsequential and hope to be taken seriously.  Trump's rhetoric is absolutely more aggressive than Hillary's was, that doesn't give adults free reign, or an excuse, to respond with violence.  I'll reiterate, you cannot justify a violent response to words.

Yes you can. Many threats come in the form of words. In the two videos I linked early. A Trump supporter initiates contact and tries walking right through a protesters sign. Could have easily walked around. The mob violence in the other is apparent. Ignoring the aggressive nature of Trump supporters with Trump himself praising their nasty and mean and vicious tendencies allows you to over look the reason people feel threatened and lash out. 

Again, pure crap.  We're talking about adults.  You are responsible for your own actions and your violent actions are not justified by the words of others.  You're fallacious logic would exculpate the beating of Rodney King, after all, if words justify a violent response how much more justification is provided by a DUI suspect who flees police, endangering countless others in the process?  Quite simply, you can't have it both ways.  If you want to excuse violent reactions to offensive speech than be prepared for far more violent reactions to behavior that physically endangers others.   I've said it a million times, an inconsistent opinion is a worthless opinion, so what is yours?

You lost me with the big words and Rodney King reference. If you flee from police chances are you catch a beating when caught, to a point it can be excessive, but the cuffs won't be put on gingerly. While I like to base my opinion on fact, the comment of mine you were responding to here was my opinion. To civilized people yes almost every time violence isn't a good answer. There are a lot of uncivilized people out there. Vandalism, hate speech, racism, and intolerance are pouring out of the Trump movement. If they were out there preaching peace, love, and happiness I would react a lot differently if they were continuously confronted. But the marching orders coming from the top have included calls for violence to go along with a large amount of division and fear mongering. They may just be words but the basis of the movement directly effects peoples lives. And a lot of people view them as threats. Just as the man who they elected president says he would like to punch somebody who disagrees with him in the mouth, there are people who disagree with his message that would like to punch his supporters in the mouth. 

Messages In This Thread
Open-Minded Liberals at it again - bfine32 - 02-02-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - McC - 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - NATI BENGALS - 03-27-2017, 03:06 PM