Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something the rest of the world is missing out on
(03-27-2017, 05:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Is there a beef, chicken, or turkey version of goetta for we non-pork eaters?

I know people who make their own using venison. I am sure you could do the same thing with beef or chicken. I is no different than deer, beef, or chicken sausage vs pork sausage. Obviously they all taste different, but they all exist.

For anyone who has never tried it I can tell you a little trivia. Glier's used to ship goetta to individuals (not stores) as far away as Alaska, and I suspect they still do. There used to be a "Cincy's Finest" store in Clearwater, FL and it had (of course) Graeter's Ice Cream, LaRosa's Pizza, Skyline Chili, Grippo's Potato Chips, Mike Sells Chips, JTM Meats, some other stuff and - yes - Glier's Goetta.

If you have a friend who makes it from Grandma's recipe feel free to try it, but I would not recommend buying any commercial brand other than Glier's. The step down in quality is like going from a filet mignon to a McDonald's hamburger in most cases. Just get the best - Glier's.

As of a few years ago Cincy/Northern KY had not one but two Goetta Festivals. So, for folks looking to make a pilgrimage to the Queen City to see the Reds or Bengals or Kings Island or the Zoo why not make your visit in conjunction with a goetta festival and see what it is all about. It could change your life.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something the rest of the world is missing out on - xxlt - 03-27-2017, 08:14 PM