Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something the rest of the world is missing out on
(03-29-2017, 10:20 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yep, the blocks are the way to go, and as mentioned, freezing the excess is also the way to go imho. 

I prepare goetta in two ways primarily: thin sliced, cooked crisp, and drizzle a small amount of maple syrup over it, adding just enough sweetness to 'spike it up'.
My other favorite way is a little more labor intensive BUT pretty damned good. I cut it as thin as I can while it still holds together and roll a hard-boiled egg in it, making an even, thin layer of goetta on the complete egg. Then roll that in flour and deep-fry it ala Scotch egg. Serve with your favorite mustard and beer, and turn on the game!

I was going to have you stoned for the maple syrup nonsense, but then you totally redeemed yourself with the hard boiled egg.  I might give that a go, but I'm pretty sure I'll screw it up if I do.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something the rest of the world is missing out on - michaelsean - 03-29-2017, 10:35 AM