Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike is setting everyone up for heartache
(03-29-2017, 11:37 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I saw last night that the city of Oakland still owes $95 million for the last renovations they did to the Coliseum.  Their payments are over $10 million each year... that is $10 million that does not go to hire extra teachers, police officers, firefighters, repair schools, etc.  The idea that these guys can't afford to build their own stadiums is ridiculous. 

The NFL had better watch alienating longtime, loyal fans, and placing themselves on that ivory pedestal.....it's precisely the reason most NASCAR events are half (or more in some cases) empty these days.  The core fans and historic venues were forsaken to pursue the almighty dollar in bigger markets.  The fad wore off, and they came crashing down when the fairweather fans quit going, and once die hard fans had long since spoken with their wallets.  I used to attend 3 to 4 races a year.  Now, I go to Darlington to support the historically significant track and its great hospitality, and rarely even watch on tv anymore.  It can happen to the mighty NFL too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike is setting everyone up for heartache - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-29-2017, 11:43 AM