Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike is setting everyone up for heartache
(03-29-2017, 12:50 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Because at one point the city of Oakland negotiated with the Raiders and the NFL in good faith, put hundreds of millions of dollars into a stadium where the Raiders and NFL could host their games, and are not stuck with nothing.  If they can send $50 million checks to each franchise as part of their "relocation fees", they could do the right thing and help out the citizens of Oakland.

Look, I get it, based on your comments (some of which don't make economic sense) you are going to tow the corporate line no matter what.  So at this point I will bid you a good day and say we will have to agree to disagree.

I don't tow the corporate line at all.  However, I don't have moral double standards based on economic strata, either.  

For example, I don't hold any umbrage towards Whit for leaving.  Very similar situation to Oakland moving.  The guy was beloved in the community, had 3 different contract extensions, made millions here and would have made millions more here.  He left to make more money elsewhere.  There's nothing to be angry about.  He fulfilled his contract. He doesn't owe anybody anything.  I would have loved it if he had stayed for less money, but he was in no way obligated to.

Similarly, the Raiders fulfilled their lease agreement.  Had they broken their lease to move, then I 100℅ agree that they owe Oakland money.  However, they fulfilled the deal, simple as that.  They don't owe anything.

Furthermore, Oakland went through this shxt with the Raiders before.  They knew what the score was when they wooed them back to Oakland.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike is setting everyone up for heartache - Whatever - 03-29-2017, 04:04 PM