Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sell me on WRs not being taken in the 1st round
(03-29-2017, 03:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Lafell was resigned for basically one year no guarwnteed second year. Aj is 29. Hea got 3-4 elite years left. Core is a unknown. Boyd is a slot guy. When are we gonna be drafting this high again? Draft williams or davis to be your number 1 for future years. If u draft a reciever after the top 3,  ur drafting a number 2 reciever. If we draft in the 20s the next 5 years, were not gonna be getting an aj green or keenan allen level player. Draft williams preferably, let him play number 2 for a couple years, then switch with aj green. Similar to what the falcons did with julio jones and roddy white

I understand that but I think that guy might be there in the later rounds also. I don't see a sure fire #1 elite all pro receiver in this class like Julio or AJ Green. I think Williams has the potential to be an Anquan Boldin type of receiver but I could see him as a Treadwell also. Over the past several years the NFL has shifted into bigger cornerbacks a la Kirkpatrick and that has taken out a bit of the steam of bully ball. I think Corey Davis can be one of the better #2 possession type of receivers in the NFL. I feel like he is the safest of the three in terms of knowing what you are likely going to get. I think Ross can be really good too yet injury concerns with him are pretty high with him having already had knee surgeries. I see Ross as more or a John Brown or DeSean Jackson type of receiver if he stays healthy.

I just feel like in this draft it is imperative to someway address the trenches on both sides with some kind of impact player or the Bengals may get to draft in the top 10 again next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sell me on WRs not being taken in the 1st round - SErebel11 - 03-29-2017, 09:50 PM