Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full 7 Round Mock Draft
(03-29-2017, 08:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: I can see Davis falling that far, honestly.  He's a small school prospect who got big cushions from MAC corners and nobody has a 40 time on him.  There's lots of question marks, there.

Howard is a great prospect, but teams don't generally like to go TE in the 1st and it is a stacked TE class.  Eifert was ranked a lot higher than where we drafted him iirc.

No way Ross makes it to 37, however.  If he makes it to the mid 20's, we need to package some picks to move up and get him.  If he goes off the board at 37 and we didn't move up for him, I will chuck my tv.

However, simply no way they take Barnett with Allen still on the board.  Knowing what the Bengals like in their DE's, they probably have Charlton and maybe even McDowell over Barnett.

Ross basically become a victim in this mock draft of both Williams and Davis falling which in turn had him slip as well. I would be surprised if he lasts until 37 but stranger things have happened. You are pretty much spot on with my feelings on why the other two guys could slip. Obviously it is the draft and strange things happen. It wasn't that long ago Christian Ponder went 12th overall when we were all thinking he was a near lock for us in the 2nd round (blessing in disguise). Everyone thought Dalton had worked his way up to a potential top 10 to top 20 selection and he fell to us at 35. We thought we had no chance at David DeCastro a few years back and not only was he available with our first selection in the first but also with our second one when we traded down instead. Bud Dupree was another longshot to slide to us but he was available and we passed on him for Ogbuehi only to watch the Steelers snag him up on the next selection. Basically what I am saying is that guys move up that we wouldn't think would and guys fall we didn't see coming over year. A lot of trades and teams pushing to fill needs can definitely alter a lot of how high a player is or isn't selected.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Full 7 Round Mock Draft - JungleRock85 - 03-29-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: Full 7 Round Mock Draft - BengalHawk62 - 03-29-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: Full 7 Round Mock Draft - JungleRock85 - 03-29-2017, 05:06 PM
RE: Full 7 Round Mock Draft - Whatever - 03-29-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Full 7 Round Mock Draft - JungleRock85 - 03-30-2017, 08:49 AM