Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sell me on WRs not being taken in the 1st round
The first reason I wouldn't go WR is I think we have much more pressing needs. There is no value for Offensive Tackle in this draft at #9 but if we could trade down and still pick up somebody like Lamp, Ramzyck, Robinson, or Bolles that would be nice. With no trade down I think we have bigger needs at Defensive End/Pass Rusher (Bartnett, Charlton, Allen, and even Reddick) also we could use an upgrade at RB more so than WR in my opinion. If a guy like Fournette is available at #9 then he has to be under serious consideration. As far as what you can get later in the draft, I think the Bengals have several options. We already have Green and Lafell as the top 2. They are followed up by 3 second year players that showed promise in Boyd, Core, and Erickson. That leaves one more WR spot and while I wouldn't hate a Williams, Ross, or Davis I don't think that is the route we should go with a top 10 selection. I like Zay Jones, Carlos Henderson, and Smith-Schuster that have already been mentioned. I would also add in Chad Hansen from Cal. I don't know if it is because they went to the same school or what but I am reminded of Marvin Jones with his size and speed and ability to catch the ball. I think we have plenty of options to add another quality WR that doesn't cost us a top 10 draft selection.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sell me on WRs not being taken in the 1st round - JungleRock85 - 03-30-2017, 09:18 AM