Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you be interested in Josh Gordon?
(03-30-2017, 02:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's only 25 years old. He's 6'4, 220, and runs a 4.4 40. He has averaged almost 100 yards receiving per start. 

Translation: He's young, in the prime of his career, is a physical freak, and has proven himself more than capable.

It would be idiotic to write him off because of missed time.  The sport and position aren't rocket science. Can he run, can he jump, can run routes, is he as athletic as he used to be, etc??? If the answer continues to be yes then there is no reason he doesn't have a chance to regain elite form.

Hey, if you don't want the guy, no problem. But you're going to need to come up with a better explanation than him simply being done. He's not Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering whether or not he's in peak physical shape, I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-gordon-shows-off-his-ridiculous-physique-as-he-attempts-a-comeback-032717

He's going to be 27 on April 13th and hasn't played a game of football since week 5 of 2014. In those 5 game of the 2014 season Gordon's stat line was...

5 GS, 24 REC, 303 yards, 12.6 avg and 0 TDs

Not bad but a step backwards. Granted he does play for Cleveland but that didn't stop him from performing better in the past.

I didn't feel like I needed to go into more detail of why Gordon is a risky pickup and his issues are well documented so it's not a write off simply because he missed time. It's a write off because he hasn't shown he is dedicated to football and isn't an ounce more reliable today then he was this time last year. It wasn't too long ago he trashed a house with Manziel on a party binge. The only reason anyone is thinking about Gordon is because of something he did in 2013.  From 2014-2016 he did nothing because he couldn't even get on the field. That's dedication!

So he posted a narcissistic post on social media with his shirt off like the rest of the male population that doesn't mean anything. Players have mentioned from time to time the difference in being in shape and being in game shape.  If Hobson posted the same thing about one of our players he'd be called Hobspin and it would've been labeled a fluff piece.

Jungle Noise wants it both ways. First we should cut Pacman because that's the kind of move a no non-sense franchise like the Pats would do but on the flip side let's bring in a guy who has been such a screw up he can't stay eligible to even participate in the NFL. I get the appeal he was awesome at one point but so was Odell Thurman and all the other wasted potential that could never stay dedicated.

I'm already pissed we decided to give Pacman a pass because it feels a lot like the 05-07 years and bringing in Gordon is a step in that direction again.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you be interested in Josh Gordon? - CageTheBengal - 03-30-2017, 03:19 PM