Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voch Lombardi's Mock Pick for Bengals at #9
(03-30-2017, 03:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: You don't understand zone defense concepts, it's not my opinion it is simply how it works. The Steelers run a zone defense most the time, a zone defense requires guys to occupy space not players. In a zone defense most the time there is not a CB on the line and a Safety over top, at least not after the play starts. The only time this really occurs is in a cover 2, but in this case the CB is going to stay on the flat route and release the WR to the safety. Depending on the route combination he may be able to travel with the WR, but that is completely dependent on how the offensive play is structured.

I don't blame you asDefensive schemes aren't nearly as simple as most fans think.  This is why I always wonder about people and how they say personnel will fit when they don't quite understand how the scheme actually works. This comes up a lot when they talk about how far guys play off the line on certain down and distance. That is based on coverage not on down and distance, they will cheat a bit sometimes but they have to be in certain locations to perform their responsibility. Qb's read alignment of CBs to help them understand pre play what the coverage then they confirm it by safety movement post snap.

Apparently, neither do the steelers:

Read the whole thing:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-2016-preview-regular-season-news-updates-roster-depth-chart-salary-cap-tickets-new-england-patriots-how-to-watch/2016/10/23/13362848/steelers-film-room-landry-jones-vs-the-patriots-secondary-a-key-to
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voch Lombardi's Mock Pick for Bengals at #9 - SHRacerX - 03-30-2017, 03:29 PM