Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you be interested in Josh Gordon?
(03-30-2017, 03:19 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He's going to be 27 on April 13th and hasn't played a game of football since week 5 of 2014. In those 5 game of the 2014 season Gordon's stat line was...

5 GS, 24 REC, 303 yards, 12.6 avg and 0 TDs

Not bad but a step backwards. Granted he does play for Cleveland but that didn't stop him from performing better in the past.

I didn't feel like I needed to go into more detail of why Gordon is a risky pickup and his issues are well documented so it's not a write off simply because he missed time. It's a write off because he hasn't shown he is dedicated to football and isn't an ounce more reliable today then he was this time last year. It wasn't too long ago he trashed a house with Manziel on a party binge. The only reason anyone is thinking about Gordon is because of something he did in 2013.  From 2014-2016 he did nothing because he couldn't even get on the field. That's dedication!

So he posted a narcissistic post on social media with his shirt off like the rest of the male population that doesn't mean anything. Players have mentioned from time to time the difference in being in shape and being in game shape.  If Hobson posted the same thing about one of our players he'd be called Hobspin and it would've been labeled a fluff piece.

Jungle Noise wants it both ways. First we should cut Pacman because that's the kind of move a no non-sense franchise like the Pats would do but on the flip side let's bring in a guy who has been such a screw up he can't stay eligible to even participate in the NFL. I get the appeal he was awesome at one point but so was Odell Thurman and all the other wasted potential that could never stay dedicated.

I'm already pissed we decided to give Pacman a pass because it feels a lot like the 05-07 years and bringing in Gordon is a step in that direction again.

He's 25 right now. He'll turn 26 before the season. Not sure where you're getting 27 from. Not that it really matters, just wanted to clarify...

He sat out 2 years between college and the pros, and still put up the best season for a rookie WR his first year. I really don't think that rust is that big of a concern.

Fwiw, I don't want him. I'm of the position that we have more than enough skill players.  I just did a double take when I saw the stance that he's done, as in washed up.  And IMHO, Adam Jones makes him look like Mother Teressa. That piece of human garbage is a whole different level, when it comes to valuing character.  One guys has a bunch of positive weed charges, the other is a piece literal trash.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you be interested in Josh Gordon? - Wes Mantooth - 03-30-2017, 03:33 PM