Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years $46 mil for TE Travis Kelce 1yr ago. Do Bengals pay Tyler Eifert that?
(03-29-2017, 08:57 PM)Shady Wrote: Same here. I could defend a number of different picks. I was super hot on Fournette for awhile. We need something special to pair with AJ Green. People seem to think that Fournette won't be there, and I guess they're right. But I get your point about the oline. We seem to be to RBs what Cleveland is to QBs. 

That said, we do have Gio coming back from surgery and Hill coming back from back to back subpar seasons. I think we have to take a RB at some point. 

Barnett would be a totally new look for us. Could we be willing to follow the trend in terms of drafting edge rushers? Barnett fits the bill, but he's going to have to develop an inside move with his pass rush. He can't just go full bore to the outside on every down. 

I'd be ok with Taco in the 2nd. If they think they can develop his raw talent, then go for it. I was disappointed that Malik McDowell had such a bad combine with his interviews. He's one of the best DLinemen in this draft. I know he's more of a DT, but he could handle DE I think. At least move him in and out. 

I have my fears about Barnett because he's not considered in the top tier of DEs with Garrett and Thomas. He's in tier 2, so we have to figure out if he's worth the #9 pick or if we should move down for him. I won't necessarily be upset with Barnett, but I'd rather take an offensive weapon than reach for lower ranked defensive prospect.

As for Fournette. I'm so torn on him. I agree that he could be a game changing RB, but our OL is what me makes hesitant to take a RB at #9. I just keep hearing the 2008 radio calls all over again in my head.

"Ced Benson gets the back and makes a defender miss in the backfield. He dodges another defender. Finally, a 3rd defender takes him down after Benson gets back to the line of scrimmage."

I feel like his rookie season would be a struggle.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 years $46 mil for TE Travis Kelce 1yr ago. Do Bengals pay Tyler Eifert that? - Bengal Dude - 03-30-2017, 04:02 PM