Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voch Lombardi's Mock Pick for Bengals at #9
(03-30-2017, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Au165, funny how you say Boyd can play inside or out with his speed and put down Ross with his speed that is
what you need on the outside. Boyd is not explosive, never has been. John Ross is the most explosive WR ever
to come into the NFL one can argue and he is not little, he is 6'1" last i checked.

Very true and he faked the crap out of CB's in college and made many look like fools out there.

Plus he can catch, he is not just speed as Au165 is kind of alluding to here.

I am not sure where I said Boyd can play inside or out BECAUSE of his speed. Boyd can play inside or out because he can beat press, run a full route tree, run crisp routes and has enough speed to get deep (Boyd ran a faster 40 time than Larry Fitzgerald). Boyd's comparison coming out was Keenan Allen and he didn't show anything last season that says he can't still be on that level.

Ross measured 5'11 at the combine not 6'1.

What has captivated everyone is his speed, he can catch along with a bunch of other WR's but it's his speed that makes everyone so giddy. I am telling you that the guy will need to work on getting off press and people are losing their mind. I am not saying he can't be good, but people act like speed means success when Al Davis proved that was not the case. Go look at the list of the top 10 40 times in combine history.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voch Lombardi's Mock Pick for Bengals at #9 - Au165 - 03-30-2017, 05:43 PM