Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money
(03-30-2017, 08:11 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Just a quick clarification here on a fact: There is revenue sharing in the NFL only with the TV deals. That's it.

It used to be the case where they had true revenue sharing, top down, but Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft worked to eliminate that more than a few years ago (forgive me for not remembering when).

So, actually, small market does matter in the NFL. That is why you've seen St. Louis, Oakland and San Diego move. They are small-revenue cities. It's why you'll see Jacksonville eventually move.

As for this other thing about teams taking out loans to pay salaries, I guess it could be true (every set of books is private except for the Packers) but I really, really doubt that. If you're referencing some of the stories you read this past week about the Cowboys, Steelers and other teams "repaying a loan" they took out in 2011 and 2012...that's actually not a loan. In the uncapped year around the formation of the new CBA, teams had a choice to "borrow" from future caps to expand their caps back in '11 & '12. So it was a pay now or pay later scenario, but the money was always based on the cap and future cap.

TY for the info delivered in a professional way. Thanks for clarifying small market still matters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money - Luvnit2 - 03-30-2017, 09:05 PM