1 5.00%
No
95.00%
19 95.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we go QB with our 2nd Round pick?
(03-31-2017, 07:49 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Should we take a QB with our 2nd round pick? I know some may say that's stupid, but I believe we should. I know we need a DE and O Lineman, but i don't think any of the DE's coming out arent worth drafting unless its Garrett or Jonathan Allen and they will both go top 5. In the first round i think we still take Reuben Foster even with the signing of Minter. He is the best player available. In the 2nd i would take OT Cam Robinson if he falls that far. We are in desperate need of lineman and he is our best option. If Robinson is not there i would look to the next best player available. I would take QB Pat Mahomes out of Texas Tech. If Mccarron gets traded we will need a backup qb. I think it would be a smart move to let Mccaron go ant draft Mahomes. If Andy isn't the guy then we have a guy who i believe is better to come in and start. If Andy IS the guy, then we have a guy who we can trade for great value. This is exactly what New England did with Mallett, and are now doing with Garrapolo. I would be all for drafting Mahomes in the 2nd if Cam Robinson is not there. Mahomes reminds me of Aaron Rodger. He's a gunslinger.

Pat Mahomes will be gone before the 2nd round.

Even then, a lot of people say Mahomes reminds them of Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben. If his game was like that, he'd be going #1 overall.

He's not as smart and doesn't always read defenses. He forces throws and doesn't have the best technique when it comes to throwing motions and footwork. He also leaves pockets early rather than sit and wait. Doesn't go through progression. Doesn't "live for another down".

He's a very good play extender, don't get me wrong. But he makes some REALLY bad decisions and throws as well. He can make throws that QBs in this class can't make. But he also makes throws that other QBs in this class wouldn't take due to it being a bad decision.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we go QB with our 2nd Round pick? - wolfkaosaun - 03-31-2017, 08:09 PM