1 5.00%
No
95.00%
19 95.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we go QB with our 2nd Round pick?
(03-31-2017, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I understand that you likely have seen that.  My question is why are they comparing a rookie prospect to a couple of NFL greats that have distinctly different playing and body styles?  Are they trying to say that he's a huge body that can shrug off would be sackers, yet nimble enough to sprint out and fire laser shots with just a flick of the wrist?

I've seen a lot of crazy comparisons lol. But I've seen those two linked to Mahomes quite a bit.

I believe they compare him to Rodgers because of the kinds of throws he can make and the cannon he has. Also that he doesn't shy from moving and throwing.

Big Ben mainly because of the body and improvision. Mahomes is good at that. But also like Big Ben, Mahomes will make terrible decisions as well.

Those have mainly been the main comparisons. But there's also been weaknesses and people are looking deep into quite a few things too.

I haven't fully scouted him yet, so I can't give a completed thought. I like what I've seen, but there's also been some really bad things with his tape too. Tremendous upside from what I can tell though.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we go QB with our 2nd Round pick? - wolfkaosaun - 03-31-2017, 11:21 PM