Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders
(03-31-2017, 11:29 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I could not agree more. I am a dirty liberal, but this makes so much sense to me. I actually side with most conservatives when it comes to guns and gang violence. I just don't like the NRA.

S'up dirty liberal. Was about to agree with you but then my damn need to know kicked in...

"The number of gang-related homicides reported from 2007 to 2012 is displayed by area type and population size.
  • From 2007 through 2012, a sizeable majority (more than 80 percent) of respondents provided data on gang-related homicides in their jurisdictions.
  • The total number of gang homicides reported by respondents in the NYGS sample averaged nearly 2,000 annually from 2007 to 2012. During roughly the same time period (2007 to 2011), the FBI estimated, on average, more than 15,500 homicides across the United States (www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-1). These estimates suggest that gang-related homicides typically accounted for around 13 percent of all homicides annually.
  • Highly populated areas accounted for the vast majority of gang homicides: nearly 67 percent occurred in cities with populations over 100,000, and 17 percent occurred in suburban counties in 2012."

Note the bold, underlined, italicized part above. Others, less inclined to reality based opinion formation, can ignore it. It, and the verbiage before and after came from a report you may find interesting that is located here:
https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Survey-Analysis/Measuring-the-Extent-of-Gang-Problems
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders - xxlt - 04-01-2017, 02:01 AM