Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders
(04-01-2017, 10:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is hardly a new topic or news anyone who frequents here is not aware of.  I've brought this exact topic up several times to show how new gun control laws are not only pointless, they're unnecessary.  In the last decade or so gun ownership has exploded while at the same time violent crime and murder continued an overall decline.  Targeting hard core recidivists with long (forever) prison sentences helps reduce gun violence.  Telling me I can't have a AR with a functional mag release doesn't do shit.

Politicians like to appear to be doing something, it's far easier than actually doing something and the idiots lap it up.  See, I passed gun control legislation to protect you!  I did something!  Like Martin Sheen asked in the beginning of The Departed, "Do you want to be a cop or do you want to appear to be a cop?".  The same question could be asked of politicians, do you want to make a difference or appear to make a difference.  The vast majority choose the latter every time, knowingly or otherwise.

Good points. They also call into question the furor/hysteria over the OP and the gun and gang violence hyped in this thread.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders - xxlt - 04-01-2017, 11:26 AM