Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders
(04-01-2017, 01:16 PM)xxlt Wrote: Reading up more on the gangs, guns, and guts - no wait it was God, guns, and guts - that made America great.

Anyone think this:  http://homedefensegun.net/four-rules-gun-safety/ is a reputable source?

If so I am really confused. It says things like this:

"Most gun accidents are caused by thinking a weapon was empty when it wasn’t... If you treat it as being able to go off at any time, you will not injure anyone if it goes off unexpectedly. I have seen several times on a range when someone thought a weapon was empty and squeezed the trigger as the last step of clearing it and having an accidental discharge."

and this:

"Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

If you don’t point your gun at something, you can’t shoot it, plain and simple.

In the military, we used the term of flagging someone with a weapon. By this we meant pointing, even incidentally the muzzle at someone.  You have to be always conscious of where your gun is pointing.

If you follow Rule #1, you have to be prepared for the weapon to go off at any time.  I have had rounds cook off in the barrel after firing a tremendous amount of rounds on the range.  If the weapon had not been pointed in a safe direction, it could have injured or killed someone
"

But I was just told that a gun could not go off unexpectedly, and that an incident of flagging someone did not have the potential to injure or kill someone. I am really confused.

Then it goes on to say:

"Unless a weapon malfunctions, it will not fire.  If you keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to engage, most likely the gun will not go off."

What the heck does that mean? It is almost like it is saying a gun could just malfunction and go off. Guns don't just magically fire, or so I have been told.

Concluding remarks include these:

"You never, ever, ever want to injure or kill someone innocently in the line of fire...If you establish the right mindset and drill it into yourself you will greatly lessen the chance that an innocent person and even yourself might be injured."

Wait, if you do everything right the best you can hope for is you lessen the chance of killing or injuring an innocent, including yourself??

I am starting think the ******* might be underselling, and not overselling, the dangers of guns.

Well that is fascinating. The word pansy is legal, but the plural form of the flower is verboten!

I gotta brush up on my slang! Who knew the young kids had come up with another dirty word? I wonder if it might have made Carlin's updated list? Eight dirty words you can't say on TV or write on the interwebs...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders - xxlt - 04-01-2017, 01:21 PM