Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders
(04-01-2017, 02:12 AM)xxlt Wrote: "This decline in gun violence is part of an overall decline in violent crime. According to the FBI's data, the national rate of violent crime has decreased 49 percent since its apex in 1991. Even as a certain type of mass shooting is apparently becoming more frequent, America has become a much less violent place.

Much of the decline in violence is still unexplained, but researchers have identified several reasons for the shift..."

Quote:
Quote:Dill

Sunset, your graphs show a precipitous drop in crime between 1990 and 2000, before stop and frisk was instituted (or at least before it was intensified under Bloomberg). That drop occurred nationwide.

Nintendo and the advent of the internet is what I believe the reduction in violent crime to be caused by.

(04-01-2017, 11:55 AM)xxlt Wrote: I am surprised to see you line up with pansy nation and say guns are dangerous though. I am also surprised to see you say they don't magically go off. Someone posted a video of one in this very thread that magically went off, and I heard a firearms sales rep once talking about the Glock pistols that had become so popular with police departments about 15-20 years ago and how they kept magically going off. I think they were using the phrase, "Accidental discharge," but there were stories about it happening all over the U.S. in police locker rooms, cruisers, homes, and on the street. It sure seemed magical when I heard all these accounts of guns "just going off" and doing so "for no reason." Again, maybe someone who is expert can shed some light here on how guns are dangerous but don't just magically go off. I am eager to learn more, especially since our nation's various gun debates don't seem to be subsiding and I like to be an informed debate watcher.

There is no such thing as "Accidental Discharge".
All are preventable.
They are "Negligent Discharges".
Even the barrel cooking the round would be negligent, as they knew it was a possibility and should have unloaded the weapon and fired the final round downrange. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders - Rotobeast - 04-01-2017, 08:41 PM