Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money
(04-01-2017, 10:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I call BS. Bengals play 16 games a year minimum. How many snow/rain practices has the team had the past 10 years where they dd not use the UC bubble or move practice to Mason indoor facility or move the practice time? You have been whining about no inside practice facility for a decade.

I don't BS:

https://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Playing-to-win-Changes-bubble-Nugent-full-go-Geno-loses-sack/04419efd-e5c2-4b02-bcce-4a070e2384d0

Whitworth Wrote:: "The day is kind of the same other than just getting on a bus. I did it in college. It doesn't change much," Whitworth said. "I don't think that's a big difference as much as it is just getting to go inside and throw the football and run the football and make cuts and you don't have to worry about falling down or being in the ice or wind or wherever every single day. Sometimes in practice you're trying to work against looks and it's hard to get the speed of the looks when everybody is worried about their footing or the conditions."

They have practiced outdoors. Before playoffs games in fact:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/football/bengals-using-bubble-avoid-trouble/G5F6nobXsae1uupUJTJ8mO/

Quote:Jay Morrison Staff Writer
8:29 p.m Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 Sports
SPORTS

CINCINNATI
Tuesday afternoon the Cincinnati Bengals made their second trip in as many weeks to the University of Cincinnati’s practice bubble, which is something they didn’t do at all ahead of last year’s playoff game despite even lower temperatures.

The team began preparations for last year’s game in Houston practicing outside in 22-degree weather with a 14-degree wind chill that left wide receiver A.J. Green complaining of numb toes and no doubt played a role in quarterback Andy Dalton getting sick enough to miss the entire practice the following day.

A UC official said the temperature inside the bubble was 70 degrees Tuesday.

“The one good thing about playing at Houston is that it will be indoors, and not where we have to worry about the weather and all of that,” Dalton said. “I think it’s good for us to go over to UC and get these practices in and practice in a similar atmosphere to what game conditions will be like.”

The bubble not only helps simulate the weather, but the noise.

(Reliant Stadium) was the loudest place we’ve played at in the last two years, easily,” wide receiver Andrew Hawkins said. “That’s good practice for us because it’s going to be hard to hear yourself think. You have to be able to be poised in the noise, as coach always says, and that’s what we’ll work for.”

The point of my argument has never been whether or not the Bengals use UC's facility. They do...although I imagine it's much more difficult to arrange everything at UC or the soccer complex than it would be to have their own facility with their own weight room etc in the complex ala the other 31 NFL teams and most college ones.

My point has always been that they shouldn't have to clear things with UC or plan ahead of time to use a college teams complex. It's also Mike Brown's attitude towards the whole issue. We have players getting numb toes, getting sick, and slipping on ice before a playoff game...and Mike is somehow okay with that ever happening.

Marv thought enough of the whole practice facility issue that it was said it was one of the things he held out for in 2011. Mike seemed to compromise on the issue, and Hobson put up an article that suggested one was in the works. Six years later and still no word. Instead it remains as a sign that while Mike may have changed in some ways, he will never change in others.

Btw...you've been defending the Bengals not having one for just as long as I've been ripping them for it. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money - Shake n Blake - 04-02-2017, 01:54 AM